Mold growth can occur in homes as well as in commercial buildings. It is challenging to tackle mold issues on your own. Molds are sometimes tricky to spot and keep on polluting the air. Mold spores can harm human health by causing various respiratory disorders such as asthma, difficulty in breathing, chest tightness, etc.
Mold accumulation in commercial buildings can affect the health of the employees working there. Mold growth in commercial buildings can cause business interruption by making your employees sick. Therefore, it is always advisable to get your commercial building remediated as soon as possible. A well-reputed mold remediation company will provide effective commercial mold service in NJ.
Hiring a mold specialist in New Jersey will not cost you much if you think for a longer run. But first, you need to know what are the commonly found molds in commercial buildings.
- Aspergillus –This is a type of fungus that propagates indoors frequently. It is a toxic mold and can cause severe health issues if inhaled.
- Alternaria –The spores of this mold start spreading outdoors but can travel to indoors by dry summer winds.
- Penicillium –This type of mold is easy to spot because of its greenish or yellowish color. If one inhales the spores of this mold for a long time, it can be fatal to the person’s health.
- Cladosporium –This mold is not as toxic as the others, but it is responsible for causing severe asthma attacks. The spores of this mold are a critical problem for asthmatics.
- Stachybotrys –This is one of the most popular types of mold, also known as the black mold. This mold is the most common one and often found in commercial buildings as well as in homes. It can weaken the structure of the building and also produces bad odor.
Molds are greenish and slimy. One can easily spot mold growth through its appearance. Molds not only affect human health but also damages the structure of the house or building if present for a long time. Therefore, it is vital to get your home or building remediated from the mold.
One might think that what causes mold growth in a commercial building? The primary reason for mold growth is uncontrolled moisture or humidity. This can occur due to a leaking roof or a loose plumb fitting. The mold spores can also enter the building through air vents or air-cooling systems.
How to Prevent Mold Growth in Your Commercial Property?
Here are some tips for you to help in preventing mold growth in your commercial property.
- Repair the leaks. You must ensure that the building is leak-free. The leak can be due to loose plumbing, broken pipe, or from the roof. Water leakage for a long period causes mold accumulation as well as water wastage.
- Maintain the humidity level of your property. Use a dehumidifier for this purpose. Maintain the humidity such that it does not exceed 50 percent.
- A proper ventilation system can prevent the occurrence of mold in your property. Keep the air vents and air filters clean. Also, keep a check on the moisture level of the enclosed areas in your property.
- If there is a presence of stagnant water in the property, deal with the issue immediately. If the water sits for too long in one place, it starts seeping into the floor, walls, and furniture.
If you work according to these tips, it will be easier to keep your property free from mold and other bacterial growth. If in case, you find the presence of mold in your property, then without wasting any time, call for a professional mold remediation expert to get a mold-free property.
How to Remove or Control Mold Growth?
It is always advisable to get the property remediated by a professional mold removal expert. In the case of excessive mold growth, you can follow these steps to control mold growth.
- Go for a mold air test of your property. A professional mold inspector will inspect the air of your property and provide you with an insight into the extent of contamination present in the property.
- The area of contamination once determined, it is vital to seal off the area to prevent the spread of mold spores from spreading from one place another, till you get proper professional assistance for the mold issue.
- To take care of the mold, you will need various mold remediation equipment. As first aid, you can use air scrubbers, commercial air movers, or dehumidifiers. Other products like mold disinfectants and mold cleaners are also a good option for initial disinfecting.
- Once you finish the initial disinfection process, call for a commercial mold assistance company. Commercial mold remediation ensures proper and effective cleaning of the building.
Once your property is mold-free, maintain the cleanliness of the property by installing air purifiers and filters. Install commercial dehumidifiers if your property has a high percentage of humidity. Regular mold inspection and testing can help in detecting the problem earlier and starting the remediation process.